Martha Mainello, PA-C grew up in Troy, N Y. She attended the Academy of Holy Names in Albany NY. Martha pursued her undergraduate degree at Union College, in Schenectady, NY, where she majored in Biology, with minors in mathematics and computer science. She graduated magna cum laude from Union College in 1986. Martha attended the HVCC-Albany Medical College Physician Assistant program, graduating in 1988.
Upon graduation, Martha worked for the Department of Internal Medicine at Albany Medical Center Hospital and Memorial Hospital. In 1990, Martha found her true passion, when she took a position with the Division of Cardiology at Albany Medical Center. As clinical coordinator for the University Cardiology practice at Albany Medical Center, Martha gained experience in the treatment of ischemic heart disease, heart failure, cardiac transplant and arrhythmias. While at AMC, she was instrumental in the development of the Women’s Healthy Heart Initiative Program. This groundbreaking program was the first of its kind in the capital district area, addressing issues specific to women and heart disease. In 2002, Martha left Albany Medical Center to pursue a career in private practice. She worked at Albany Associates in Cardiology for eight years, where she practiced primarily in their Troy office. Martha joined Capital Cardiology Associates in 2010, where her primary emphasis is on inpatient cardiac care.
Martha resides in Brunswick, NY with her husband Kevin. They have four sons, all of whom live locally. When Martha is not working, she enjoys kick boxing, cycling, traveling and spending time with her family.
• National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) #1018935, certified 01/20/1989 – present
• Associate, American College of Cardiology, 4/2018 – present
• Member, Cardiac Care Associate, American College of Cardiology, 06/09/2005 – present
• Member, Cardiovascular Team, American College of Cardiology, 11/20/2017 – present
• American Academy of Physician Assistants, 12/1988 – present
• New York State Society of Physician Assistants, 12/1988 – present